scientology-reviews-logo

NOTICE: This non-commercial website is NOT affiliated with the Church of Scientology (link).

homeWHERE TO GET HELP: There are now two avenues for Scientology services. Find out what to expect and what...

Review Detail

Training Services
October 14, 2012    
The “Hubbard Elementary Data Series Evaluators Course” per the 1990 checksheet is a worked over version of the “Elementary Evaluators Course/Elementary Data Series Evaluators Course” of 1973/1978, by Mary-Sue Hubbard. The drills of the original course, written by Mary-Sue and Suzette Hubbard, were aimed at the application in Scientology Organizations. The Policy letter of 13 January 1979, “Orders, Illegal and Cross”, lists this course as a step “so you can evaluate your position and get the real Why on what is going on.”
The original course as well as some of its materials are not found in today’s organizations anymore. The 1990 checksheet presents the material on a gradient more suited to anyone, if on staff or not. However, I was recently told that in one organization even the course from 1990 could not be found anymore.

In this course one studies the Policy Letters of the Data Series. Sequenced in are drills and applications. The range of this material can hardly be overstressed. Using the understanding presented in the Data-Series L. Ron Hubbard had developed Dianetics and Scientology. Data-Series No. 1 alone contains a description of the principle of aberration, the “A=A=A”, a central statement of the book “Dianetics, The modern Science of Mental Health”. (This formula expresses that non identical things are considered to be identical and so a false pictures or inappropriate dealing with a situation results. “All=All=All” is a common denominator of illogical behavior.)

Subjects: In an area of your life or in an organization, if something seems to be wrong, how do you investigate and follow up things that do not make sense or are contrary to common senses?
Often, if one thing is wrong one attempts to remedy bad effects of that and new difficulties are added. After while of such “remedying” one looses sight of the original and actual point of the difficulty. This course helps with a systematic approach to isolate the true causes and develop some handling that does not insert new difficulties into the situation.
Or, if something really runs right you may want to find out how that can be continued or strengthened. And last, but not least, if one wanted to reach some goal one needed to isolate any stops that could turn it into a failed dream – and be able to list out the steps that need to be done in order to be successful. I would summarize, this course teaches common sense in a systematic approach.

One of the most important realizations to me was that even if I felt subjected to a suppression from a far distant place or person I do not have to be helpless. This suppression entered into my life through some channels. And at these points of contact, where that suppression entered into my life I would be able to do something about it; I could be cause within my sphere of control. I couldn’t handle the nonsense of David Miscavige or the IAS directly, but I could handle the registrar that was on the phone. I could ask him for a reference for his activity. I could get him to ask his senior for a reference on that. I could refuse to give money. I could refuse to follow an illegal order. I could alert others to the points where they had opened the gates for nonsense and suppression to enter into their lives. And some of them shut them and live a happier life since. And through this, multiple points of sanity and refusal to take part in insane acts grow.

Although only a very minor application, this course is an anti-dote to the nonsense produced by David Miscavige. Its lack of presence inside the C of S is not surprising. If applied, the understanding presented, I would not be able to say how one still could be a victim – but one who handles things effectively.
Overall rating 

Makes life easier 

Worth the investment 

Easy to do 

Usefulness of information 

Reviewed by Worsel November 11, 2012
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (4)

Common Sense can be learned

The “Hubbard Elementary Data Series Evaluators Course” per the 1990 checksheet is a worked over version of the “Elementary Evaluators Course/Elementary Data Series Evaluators Course” of 1973/1978, by Mary-Sue Hubbard. The drills of the original course, written by Mary-Sue and Suzette Hubbard, were aimed at the application in Scientology Organizations. The Policy letter of 13 January 1979, “Orders, Illegal and Cross”, lists this course as a step “so you can evaluate your position and get the real Why on what is going on.”
The original course as well as some of its materials are not found in today’s organizations anymore. The 1990 checksheet presents the material on a gradient more suited to anyone, if on staff or not. However, I was recently told that in one organization even the course from 1990 could not be found anymore.

In this course one studies the Policy Letters of the Data Series. Sequenced in are drills and applications. The range of this material can hardly be overstressed. Using the understanding presented in the Data-Series L. Ron Hubbard had developed Dianetics and Scientology. Data-Series No. 1 alone contains a description of the principle of aberration, the “A=A=A”, a central statement of the book “Dianetics, The modern Science of Mental Health”. (This formula expresses that non identical things are considered to be identical and so a false pictures or inappropriate dealing with a situation results. “All=All=All” is a common denominator of illogical behavior.)

Subjects: In an area of your life or in an organization, if something seems to be wrong, how do you investigate and follow up things that do not make sense or are contrary to common senses?
Often, if one thing is wrong one attempts to remedy bad effects of that and new difficulties are added. After while of such “remedying” one looses sight of the original and actual point of the difficulty. This course helps with a systematic approach to isolate the true causes and develop some handling that does not insert new difficulties into the situation.
Or, if something really runs right you may want to find out how that can be continued or strengthened. And last, but not least, if one wanted to reach some goal one needed to isolate any stops that could turn it into a failed dream – and be able to list out the steps that need to be done in order to be successful. I would summarize, this course teaches common sense in a systematic approach.

One of the most important realizations to me was that even if I felt subjected to a suppression from a far distant place or person I do not have to be helpless. This suppression entered into my life through some channels. And at these points of contact, where that suppression entered into my life I would be able to do something about it; I could be cause within my sphere of control. I couldn’t handle the nonsense of David Miscavige or the IAS directly, but I could handle the registrar that was on the phone. I could ask him for a reference for his activity. I could get him to ask his senior for a reference on that. I could refuse to give money. I could refuse to follow an illegal order. I could alert others to the points where they had opened the gates for nonsense and suppression to enter into their lives. And some of them shut them and live a happier life since. And through this, multiple points of sanity and refusal to take part in insane acts grow.

Although only a very minor application, this course is an anti-dote to the nonsense produced by David Miscavige. Its lack of presence inside the C of S is not surprising. If applied, the understanding presented, I would not be able to say how one still could be a victim – but one who handles things effectively.

Where I stand

I am a...
Independent Scientologist

Pros and Cons (optional)

Pros
If you are a sharp mind this course brings you to the top where things are simple again. But they are not simple because an opinion makes it unnecessary to look. They are simple, because you see and understand, what is going on.
Cons
This is a demanding subject and a demanding course. At points it requires work and concentration.

Bottom line...

Recommend it to a friend?
Yes
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account